1. 30 Days of Yoga! : Today marks the last day of the 30 day yoga challenge. I think fulfilling a self-promise, like going to a yoga class everyday for 30 days, is truly one of the most rewarding things you can do. It is easy to feel good when you fulfill someone else’s needs, but when you give yourself something it seems to resonate deeper. We are always doing things for other people, for companies, for children, for spouses, for significant others… ah! the list goes on forever. When do we take time for ourselves and our own needs? The truth… not often enough. That’s why this type of challenge is so good. It addresses physical, emotional, spiritual needs that are all too often not met. Much like running a marathon, attempting a triathlon, hiking a mountain, … anything! Streaks rock and this one was absolutely fantastic!
2. MindBodyGreen: this website. Seriously, how I did not know about it before hand is kind of bonkers. Now that I am privy to this information, I’m completely obsessed. If you like it, too, follow them on Facebook! I love their updates!
3. Yogini Straight Up… Gone Gluten Free!: Kristin, from the blog Yogini Straight Up, recently went gluten-free. This is something I really admire, because I think carbohydrates (especially in the form of breads, pastas, etc.) are WAY over pushed in our society. I do not have celiacs disease, but the way it is spreading in this country leads me to believe that gluten is not all it’s cracked up to be. Also, after my 21 day Cleanse, I noticed that breads and wheat sat really heavy in stomach and caused a lot of digestive hysteria really quickly. I am not ready to go gluten-free, but I am interested in learning more about a gluten-free diet, so I found this blog timely and interesting. I even went ahead and picked up a loaf of Udi’s Sandwich Bread (made with Tapioca Flour). I think lessening my gluten intake is the first step in feeling healthy.
4. Plank: I saw this video on The Reluctant Yogi’s page and died. Seriously, it is crazy inspirational. Also inspirational… these muscles…. I intend to use this video as inspiration to build these up a little more so I can attempt an actual arm balance.
5. Yoga Family: I think the phrase says it all, but after tonight’s practice and the end-of-the-challenge yoga party, I am so crazy thankful for the friends I have made through yoga. Never have I felt more inspired to do what I love and at the same time so incredibly uplifted by and entire community to go out and do it. I love them all! Namaste my friends :)